[CentOS] Battery condition tools CentOS/Dell

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed Aug 5 13:53:47 UTC 2009

Actually, it's the 100% charge state that is bad for LiIon. But a
charge/drain cycle will likely wear the battery out even faster - LiIon
batteries wear model is based on usage time. A 90% charge is ideal for
long term storage - or for someone who leaves the laptop plugged into AC
power most of the time.

As far as software controls, I'm not familiar - but one thing that works
in any OS is to simply remove the battery when on AC power.

-Blake