[CentOS] syslog to remote server

hce

webmail.hce at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 02:58:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

I set up the syslog.conf to log local0 and local1 to a remote log server:

*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;local0.none;local1.none
 /var/log/messages

local0.*;local1.*                                       @192.168.1.2

The messages from local0 worked fine, all sent to the remote log
server. But all messages from local1 were still displayed in
/var/log/messages despite it has been set to local1.none. Of cause, no
local1 messages were sending to the remote server. Could I be missing
something here, or could be a bug in 2.6.18-53.el5 which I am running?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jupiter