[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Fri Aug 7 18:47:06 UTC 2009

2009/8/7 R P Herrold <herrold at centos.org>:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>
>> Then you should not perhaps not call it 'Contrib' repository
>> if no one that you do not personally know can add content to
>> it.
>
> You don't like reputational vetting and a meritocracy, or how
> it is run by the people in charge who have as one goal: not
> distributing malware.  I get it.  Thank you.

Hey Russ, it's open source. You can just review the spec and comment
it until it's ready for release. Source could be fetched directly from
upstream and patches could be verified easily.

I do not see any problem here.

>> The Fedora project has published very good guidelines which
>> explain how to build high quality packages:
>
> You may be happier there.  Mind their CLA.  Enjoy the food
> fights.

Maybe, but I like the idea of setting up a community backed Enterprise
OS and CentOS is a great choice for that task.

Best Regards
Marcus