[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sat Aug 8 17:28:52 UTC 2009

Alan Sparks wrote:
> Bob Taylor wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 05:48 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> Second, I am supposed to also kiss your ass?
>>>
>> Is it necessary to insult me? I have said *nothing* to you to warrant
>> this.
>>

> Jeez, people, take it offline.
> -Alan

Sorry Alan, but with the greatest respect I believe it important that
these types of discussions are allowed to happen openly within the
community. This thread was started on a community mailing list by a
member of that community expressing what he would like to see from his
Community Enterprise OS. Why people feel the need to be so aggressive,
I'm not sure but we are all adults and I'm sure no one will be mortally
wounded by a few ill chosen words in the heat of debate.

Some within the community have expressed what they would like from their
Community Enterprise OS and the developers have made it perfectly clear
that it is their Community Enterprise OS (not the community's), and that
the community can go whistle (my interpretation). That's a useful
discussion to have openly and in public IMHO. Please do not try to
stifle it.