[CentOS] Centos 5.3 live-cd install -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Aug 10 17:23:08 UTC 2009

Robert wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> I just downloaded the Centos 5.3 live-cd and booted the resulting disk.
>> I do not see an icon to install from the cd!
>>
>> Did i get the wrong thing? I have a fixed allocation of bandwidth and
>> hate to waste 700+ megs!
>>
>> Bob
>>

> IMO, if you're on a dial-up or other slow connection, your waste was not
> in downloading the live CD, rather in not springing for a few bucks to
> buy a Live CD and an installation DVD (or set of 6 CDs).  I still
> remember downloading Star Office 5.something years ago.  Painful...

Ok, I may have botched that one. I have been routinely using the fedora
Live-cd's to install from. Wildblue is a satellite  system and I only
get 17 gig's/30 days and I spread that among four other members of the
household.

I will have to look further, there were some options on the opening
screen that I ignored. Else my NFS server will just have to live with
Fedora and it's turnover.

And yes I have bought a number of CD's but downloading stuff gets it
right now when I need it.

Thanks for the response.

Bob