[CentOS] Encrypted File Storage

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Aug 10 17:51:53 UTC 2009

>If you want to backup the directory while it is still encrypted (not
>mounted), look for encfs.
>
>But I prefer luks myself (uses dm-crypt).

I see, looking at all of these, it looks like luks uses built-in modules
and tools whereas the others need fuse or something like it. The luks option
looks most integrated and there is a nice page in the wiki on it:)

The data size is only a few megs, so I can create the file backed block device
and let that get backed up, I will only mount it when I need it, then unmount it.

Thanks everyone!
jlc