[CentOS] A bit more on the Firefox 3.5.issue

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 23:24:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:20 PM, John
Thomas<gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com> wrote:
> Ron Blizzard wrote:
>> Firefox 3.5 and *some* CentOS 5.3 computers (an Xorg graphics card
>> incompatibility issue?) -- it goes beyond the RPM package released by
>>
> For the record, I have been using Michael Harris' 3.5 Firefox without
> any issues at all and with some speed benefits.  I hope Mr. Harris is
> not discouraged by the bug reports and will, at his convenience, roll up
> the latest and greatest version.

Yeah, I know that not everyone is having trouble with the CentOS 5.3
and Firefox 3.5 combination. That's why I'm guessing it's got
something to do with specific graphic drivers in Xorg. Both my brother
and I use the basic Intel graphics cards that came with our Optiplex
computers (he has a GX520, I've got a GX270).

And, I definitely didn't mean to criticize Michael Harris -- I was
very happy that he provided a Firefox 3.5 repository -- that's partly
why I started this thread, to make sure that everyone knew that it was
*not* a problem specifically tied to his package.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3