[CentOS] Bugzilla not working following RHEL to CentOS migration

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:30:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 05:23, Chris Ross<cnts5645 at tebibyte.org> wrote:
> [root at neodymium bugzilla]# rpm -qa bugzilla mysql perl
> mysql-5.0.45-7.el5
> bugzilla-3.2.4-1.el5
> mysql-5.0.45-7.el5
> perl-5.8.8-18.el5_3.1

Where is this Bugzilla package from? CentOS does not include any
Bugzilla packages... I expect that RHEL does not either (otherwise it
would be in CentOS).

I know EPEL has a Bugzilla package, I used it in the past, but AFAIR
it installs under /usr/share/bugzilla and not under
/var/www/html/bugzilla as you've shown in your post...

Also, I do have an install of Bugzilla here and it does not have any
bugs_fulltext table... I had 3.0 before and upgraded it to 3.2, and
AFAIR that table never existed in my setup. The 3.0 I used was a
rebuild from Fedora SRPM, then in 3.2 I switched to a source code
install, I decided to switch since I had to keep both versions working
for a while, now I set it up in a way that I can have parallel
installations in the future easily as well.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 06:47, Chris Ross<cnts5645 at tebibyte.org> wrote:
> So, if the RHEL's yum upgrade of Bugzilla from 3.0.2 to 3.2.4 also
> required that perl-DBD-MySQL be upgraded to 4.0 or later, why wasn't it?
> Ergo I conclude that in fact it's not needed and that something else is
> wrong. I can't be the only person running Bugzilla on CentOS/RHEL 5! It
> does mean that checksetup.pl doesn't complete though. Obviously
> installing from CPAN is not the right answer.

I can tell you that RPMforge has all the RPMs for Perl modules
required by Bugzilla. Acutally, all those needed to run Bugzilla 3.4
were recently built. The only exception is the CGI module that is
bundled with Perl itself so cannot be easily upgraded in a standalone
RPM... For that one, though, it's possible to use Bugzilla's
install-module.pl script, that will install the needed module version
from CPAN, but only inside Bugzilla's tree, in a way that does not
conflict with the O.S. and so it should be safe from RPM upgrades.

HTH,
Filipe