[CentOS] Laptop hd incorrect

chandlercody at gmail.com chandlercody at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 18:49:07 UTC 2009

Thank you for the help and info!
------Original Message------
From: Lanny Marcus
Sender: centos-bounces at centos.org
ReplyTo: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Laptop hd incorrect
Sent: Aug 12, 2009 2:45 PM

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM, <chandlercody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply!  Looking at the specs the hd is sata.  Also the documents for rhel are they the same for centos?  I'm looking for items to help me learn/gain knowledge.

Should be binary equivalent with RHEL, so the upstream documentation
for RHEL should be fine. There may be some differences in the updating
procedures, but other than that, I think it should be the same. If I'm
wrong, someone more knowledgeable, hopefully will jump in and correct
me.

Suggest you download the Live CD and burn that and test it on your
laptop to see if it is going to work OK on your HW. It can be
problematic on a laptop, especially if it is very new.