[CentOS] cups / cli stopped print jobs problem

Blackburn, Marvin

mblackburn at glenraven.com
Wed Aug 12 20:00:17 UTC 2009

On occasion, we get a printer that becomes disabled, and jobs begin to
queue up.  When the issue is resolved, we re-enable the printer and
usually all the jobs print out.

However, sometimes the first job never prints, but the others do.  The
cups interface shows the job is stopped. IfI restart the job in the cups
interface, it prints.

Is there a way to determine, via the command line,  if a print job is in
the stopped state, or a queue has jobs in this state.  Also, is there a
way to restart the job if its stopped.

We are running centos 5.3 and cups 1.3.7.  Any help would be
appreciated.

"He's no failure. He's not dead yet."
William Lloyd George