[CentOS] Centralised logging with Gui and alerts?

Gavin Henry

gavin.henry at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 07:39:46 UTC 2009

Hi all,

If logging all logs via syslog to a central syslog server that are all
Centos based, what GUIs are out there to browse them etc. ? I know
about splunk but don't want to go down that route.

Also, some servers are hosted and would be best not sending their logs
across the net to a central syslog (although we could openvpn them
in), so can the same system be setup to receive logwatch emails?

Any tips or best practices for this above and beyond just a central
syslog server would be very appreciated.
Server numbers are in the double figures and some are Windows (would
be nice to get some of those 'logs' too - snare?).

Thanks.

--
Sent from my mobile device

http://www.suretecsystems.com/services/openldap/