[CentOS] httpd - mysql - paypal.com.tar - hacker

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 21:12:16 UTC 2009

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Am 22.08.2009 um 10:26 schrieb Christoph Maser:
>
>> Am Freitag, den 21.08.2009, 23:29 +0200 schrieb Rainer Duffner:
>>> Because there's no alternative.
>>>

>> mysql gui-tools (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html)
>> openoffice base
>

> Fat client - FAIL
> ;-)
> *Some* of our customers do use fat-clients for access to mysql. But
> there's no way we can force all of them to use some fat-client.
> Some probably don't have the right to install stuff on the computer
> they use to access phpmyadmin now, you know.
>
> We *have* to provide a web-client.

There are some recent versions of mysql, php, phpMyAdmin, etc.
maintained in the 'remi' repository.  I'm not sure how secure they are
but I run them on an internal machine so I can use the 'ocsinventory-ng'
server packaged there, and haven't seen any obvious problems.  Currently
the phpMyAdmin there is 3.2.1, vs. epel's  2.11.9.5.
http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com