[CentOS] self signing certificates

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Aug 25 01:23:31 UTC 2009

>  If you are simply using certs for
> encryption and not for authentication then this practice probably
> can be safely dispensed with.  If you ARE using certs for
> authentication then this provision is absolutely required.
James,

Correct I am really just using cert or https for encryption not
authentication.

But it sounds like it really doesnt matter. They are not seperate things.

Was just trying to find a way so that users that "dont know" what this
box is
that is poping up wont even see the box. Sounds like there is no way
around it - to just use https
encryption.

Thanks,

Jerry