[CentOS] Samba "use sendfile" configuration option set do disabled as default - why?

happymaster23 happymaster23 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 09:44:18 UTC 2009

No, I have not any problem. With use sendfile = yes it works great. My
question is, why is this configuration option set to be off in CentOS?

You know - when I want to read something about oplocks (advantages &
disadvantages) it was very easy - there are tons of documentation.
When I want to read something about use sendfile, it is big problem,
becuse there is nothing.

My question is why is this option disabled as default in CentOS? And I
am not alone with this question -
http://fixunix.com/samba/184987-samba-red-hat-use-sendfile.html

It is two WD Caviar GP in SW RAID 1 and LVM2, so there can´t be a problem.