[CentOS] Tomcat 6 and Java 1.6

CentOS List centoslist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:31:53 UTC 2009

>> Jakarta
>>
>>> Are these two installed?  Or do you want them?  If you are going to
>>> supply your own ROOT application you shouldn't need them, but if you
>>> want to see something by default or have web administration access you
>>> would.
>>
>> Yes those are installed. I will need to have the administration site
>> To manage. But it wont show up. Just a blank page
>
> Have you installed anything else that might conflict or replace
> components?  Does 'java -version' show
> java version "1.6.0"?
> The default page should be what is at
> /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT/index.jsp.  Does that look normal?  Do you
> get something at http://localhost:8080/admin or
> http://localhost:8080/manager/html?

[root at localhost ~]# java -version
java version "1.6.0"
OpenJDK  Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)

I do have a /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps but it does not has the ROOT folder

[root at localhost webapps]# ls -la
total 16
drwxrwxr-x 2 root tomcat 4096 Jul 28 05:24 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root   4096 Aug 26 04:17 ..

Since there isn't a ROOT folder, I guess I cannot access to admin
or the manager site. But how come I don't have the ROOT folder and I am
unable
to locate it anywhere.