[CentOS] Source RPM issues. Mismatched Libs?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Aug 27 00:51:45 UTC 2009

Justin Bull wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having some issues with the installation of the Icecast2 software
> on my CentOS 5.3 x64 machine. I am attempting to install from a source
> RPM provided by the developer.
>
> Upon executing:
>
> # rpmbuild --rebuild icecast-2.3.2-0.src.rpm
>
> Normal compilation takes place until the following error is thrown out:
>
> /usr/lib64/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlXPathContextSetCache'
>
> I've done some research and found others have a similar issue. It
> appears this is only isolated with CentOS 5.x x64 builds and,
> according to the Icecast2 developer, is due to a mismatch between
> libxml2 and libxslt.
>
> My machine is a brand new install and is updated from the official
> mirrors. libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel are installed and are at
> their latest version (2.6.26-2.1.2.7.x86_64 and
> 1.1.17-2.el5_2.2.x86_64 respectively at the time of this writing).
>
> For anyone who is interested in reading up on this, here are the
> Icecast2 threads related to this issue:
> http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=4851
> http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6506
> http://icecast.imux.net/viewtopic.php?t=6210
>
> I do apologize if I've made any formating mistakes and/or incorrect
> posting etiquette to the mailing list, as it is my first time using
> one.

OK, all those people are mistaken.

Your issue is that you have i386 packages installed as well as x86_64
packages installed and the linker is looking in the wrong place.

If you want to build x86_64 packages, you will have to do an install
that has only x86_64 packages and no i386 packages.

I have built this for you, so you do not need to build it:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/icecast/5/x86_64/

If you want to build things frequently, look into the program mock, as
it will create a pure environment to build packages in a chroot.  Here
is some info on mock:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/MockTricks