[CentOS] my fonts look horrible (centos5.3/xfce)

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:55:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 16:00, Ryan Pugatch<rpug at tripadvisor.com> wrote:
>> Get the freetype source RPM and recompile it with the bytecode interpreter enabled.
>
> Yup already did that too :(

BCI is the one thing that makes a world of difference in fonts in
Linux... so if you are still having bad results, it's probably because
you did something wrong in the middle of the process...

How did you do that? Did you change the without_bytecode_interpreter
variable in the spec file? Did you install the RPM that you rebuilt?
Did you restart X (with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) or reboot the machine
after the upgrade? If you have a 64-bit machine, did you build and
install a 32-bit RPM as well?

Would you care to show the output of "rpm -qi freetype"?

HTH,
Filipe