[CentOS] Anyone know a good VMWare hosting provider?

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Sat Aug 29 07:07:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 21:51 -0500, Sean Carolan wrote:
> I've got a custom VMWare image that I need to find a host for.  Anyone
> know of a good ISP that offers VMWare hosting packages?

I've been using http://www.tummy.com/Order/virtualhosting.html now for
about 4 or 5 years and have been extremely happy with their service.

Several months ago they switched from Xen to Vmware esxi server.  The
performance and reliability have been quite good.  Tummy.com is a linux
consulting company and the few times when I've had any kind of problem
with my VPS, within 15 minutes I've been called back by a knowledgable
senior member of their technical staff. Email that I've sent to their
support address is similarly responded to by experienced technical
staff.

Though they do not offer direct connection to the console of the virtual
machine, I've actually found that I like this better than when I hosted
with providers that did.  Once or twice my VM crashed and they called me
immediately and asked if I wanted them to reboot it (I think they
monitor all vps's), whereas most of the providers with console access
leave the vm down for you to deal with yourself.

I currently run CentOS on my VPS, though they have other Linux
distributions available as well.

Tummy.com's hosting facility is in a highly reliable facility with
redundant fiber and internet connectivity.  I've had practically no
downtime since I've hosted with them.  They always send out advance
notices of scheduled maintenance and service interruptions have been
minimal due to redundancy in their network.

Nataraj