[CentOS] CentOS Mirrors and Adjacent country groups

Sat Aug 29 13:01:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Johnny Hughes<johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> CentOS has developed our own mirrorlist and isolist applications and
> inside this application, we have some countries that we shift to other
> countries and we also have some country groups defined.

Johnny: A few minutes ago, I began a "yum update" for my CentOS 5.3
(32 bit) Desktop.  I could see a change for the fastest mirrors.  For
"extras" it chose  mirrors.ucr.ac.cr      About 1 1/2 hours in a
nonstop jet from here.  I'd never seen that before, so I'm sure it is
a result of the changes you have been making. Lanny