[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:27:24 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Miguel Medalha<miguelmedalha at sapo.pt> wrote:

>> Although they work, and do the same, the installer CD & mdadm needs to
>> support it. The specific appliance that I want to install, doesn't
>> support RAID 10, so I need to install RAID 1 + RAID 0, i.e. setting 2x
>> RAID 1 mirrors, and then stripe then in RAID0 - but once the first 1
>> mirrors are setup, I can't stripe them.
>
> Aren't you using CentOS, then? You didn't tell us that... My answer was
> based on the assumption that you were talking about CentOS...

No, I'm using Openfiler. To make a long story short, the CentOS 5.3
DVD that I have with me right now is corrupt, and then new one that I
downloaded yesterday is corrupt as well, I think our ISP's cache is
busted. So, I want to setup 1 of 2 servers with Openfiler (as a proof
of concept), and then the 2nd one with CentOS 5.3. But, the idea is to
download the missing / corrupt CentOS installer libs from another
repository once the Openfiler server is up & running.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers