[CentOS] CentOS Digest, Vol 55, Issue 10

Mon Aug 10 21:39:21 UTC 2009
Ed Warner <edwarner99 at yahoo.com>

> I tried your suggestions without success. ip-up.local is executable in
> a bash console and if I do so, I get this message: "iptables v1.3.5:
> invalid mask '255' specified Try 'iptables -h' for more information.
> A subent mask of 255? In my opinion it should be something like
> <address>/24 or 255.255.255.0.
> Seems to me that your settings are not correct, firestarter doesn't know
> your subnet mask.
>

> regards
> Olaf

That message is what I don't understand. My subnet is declared correctly, I even went back and checked. Firestarter says it starts but doesn't seem to enable NAT because nothing behind the firewall can reach the internet.

Regards
Ed Warner