[CentOS] upcoming DRBD updates in CentOS Extras for CentOS 4 and 5

Sat Aug 29 21:34:05 UTC 2009
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Ralph Angenendt, Fabian Arrotin, Akemi Yagi and I have been working on
new DRBD packages for CentOS Extras.

We have some packages that have been tested in the testing repository.

LinBit has discontinued their 8.2 tree, so drbd83 will replace drbd82 in
 both CentOS 4 and CentOS 5 extras.

DRBD 0.7.25 will remain in CentOS 4, however it gets no upstream support
and I would recommend you upgrade to drbd83 after we release the
upgrades if you are using drbd 0.7.25.  DRBD 8.3.2 will also be released
for CentOS 4, replacing the current drbd82-8.2.6.

DRBD 8.0.x will remain part of the CentOS 5 extras and will be upgraded
to 8.0.16.  DRBD 8.3.2 will also be released for CentOS 5, replacing the
current drbd82-8.2.6.

I have done a post with a basic outline on how to do these upgrades:

http://centosnow.blogspot.com/2009/08/drbd-packages-in-centos-4-and-centos-5.html

I expect this release will happen sometime next week, before September
5th.  In fact, the file will be on the centos mirrors, just the metadata
will not be run for a couple days, so you can get the RPMs if you want
from there.

This is a heads up so you are ready and expecting the update and have
had a few days to plan.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes