[CentOS] Embedded Question

Sat Aug 1 22:18:00 UTC 2009
Victor Padro <vpadro at gmail.com>

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Joseph L.
Casale<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> A friend asked me to setup an embedded appliance with an RO root
> for minimal maintenance to primarily stream shoutcast out to an
> amp.
>
> The only thing I knew that might do this is iMedia Linux, but the
> project is practically dead with little to no activity. Is it possible
> to do something like this with CentOS?
>
> Doesn't seem to be much info on the /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root file.
>
> Anyone know a good place to get info on this? I would rather use CentOS
> if possible as I also want to use this a firewall/vpn for them and that
> would be easy and reliable w/ CentOS.
>
> Thanks!
> jlc

Hi Joseph,

Maybe it's not what you are looking for but there is a project named
freenas which can provide a itunes server, uPnP, torrent server, among
other things and it's based on m0n0wall(as pfSense is).

http://www.freenas.org

Greetings.

--
Linux User #452368
Ubuntu User #28025

"Doing a thing well is often a waste of time."
//HP Mini 2GB 60GB - Windows XP/Ubuntu Jaunty
//Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz 8GB 500GB - Windows 7/Ubuntu Jaunty
//Core 2 Duo 2.40Ghz 8GB 320GB - MacOS Leopard
//Athlon 64 2.7Ghz 8GB 400GB - CentOS 5.3
//Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz 8GB 1TB - Proxmox 1.3
//Celeron 1.8Ghz 2GB 160GB - pfSense
//NSLU2 266Mhz 32MB 1TB - Debian Lenny