[CentOS] CentOS on Acer Laptop

Mon Aug 3 00:11:27 UTC 2009

On 07/31/2009 10:01 PM, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> I suggest you go ahead and burn the LiveCD image you downloaded to a
> CD and see if this OS will run, properly, on your HW, before you
> install it. If so, then download the CD's or DVD for a regular
> install. Hang onto the LiveCD, in case you need to test on other HW,
> in case you have a problem and need to rescue, or if go out of town
> and want to run on someone elses HW without leaving tracks.

the LiveCD includes the netinstall images, so it does already have an
installer that can be used to start the install and then run it over the
wire - the advantage being, if you have reasonable internet connection
speeds to a centos mirror, you will only download the packages you
intend to install.

Having the liveCD around is always a good idea anyway