[CentOS] Strange XEN on CentOS HWaddr Address Issue

Tue Aug 4 16:30:45 UTC 2009
Brett Serkez <bserkez at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Christoph Maser<cmr at financial.com> wrote:
<snip>
> When Xen starts does some trickery with your interfaces. You should see
> FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF on device peth0 and the real MAC-address on device
> eth0.
> All Xen vif devices will show also MAC FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. That is
> totally normal.

I  wanted to clarify on this point.  Understood as far as the above,
but the issue is that the PHYSICAL MAC was changed to
FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.

 This went so far as to still have this value even after rebooting on
the standard kernel and then uninstalling XEN:

# dmesg | grep eth1
eth1: RTL8110s at 0xee156c00, fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, XID 04000000 IRQ 22

What ever happened during the first boot of XEN caused a permanent
change to this NIC as far as I can tell.

Brett