[CentOS] BUG in httpd 2.2.3-22.el5.centos.2

Fri Aug 7 13:26:52 UTC 2009
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 17:58, Mark Hedges<hedges at scriptdolphin.com> wrote:
> Who packages httpd for Centos?  Is there some way to contact
> a person to ask them about this?

You can report problems on the CentOS bug tracker at:
http://bugs.centos.org/

If the problem is reproducible in RHEL as well, you might as well
report it directly at:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

> I feel like it's pointless to ask why don't distributions
> upgrade within the minor revision number of the stable 2.2
> series anyway.  2.2.3 is certainly not as "stable" as 2.2.11
> and the API is supposed to be the same.  Oh right the "big
> picture."  :-(

2.2.3 in CentOS/RHEL is not the same as 2.2.3 upstream... it's only
the base release after which patches are applied. The name 2.2.3 is
kept because potentially not all the upstream patches that went to
2.2.11 will go into CentOS/RHEL's 2.2.3, in theory only security
updates are applied inside a minor OS release and RedHat might decide
to skip some of the patches introduced between 2.2.3 and 2.2.11 if
they believe they are not relevant to their product.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 00:48, Mark Hedges<hedges at scriptdolphin.com> wrote:
> Here's what people have collected so far:
> https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=47983

First: you still did not describe your problem on this mailing list,
so it's really hard to help you with that.

Second: from that link it seems that you have installed Perl modules
directly from CPAN. Is that true? If you did and your system broke,
well, you got to keep the pieces... It's known that CPAN modules and
RPM modules do not play together well and will tend to break in
upgrades. I suggest you install a CentOS 5.3 machine from scratch and
try to reproduce the problem there. If it still happens, then report
it to CentOS's bug tracker and/or to the mailing list.

HTH,
Filipe