[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Fri Aug 7 16:45:50 UTC 2009
Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler at riscworks.net>

> [huge snip]
>
>> Look ... if you understand how build work, and I know you do, then you
>> understand that one can not release updates that are built on 4.8
>> without releasing 4.8.
>>
>> If you need the updates faster, feel free to pay Redhat for them.
>>
>>> There - I feel so much better getting that lot off my chest :)
>> There are always other distros if you don't like this one ...
>
> Exactly the *wrong* response. I wonder if responses similar to this
> loses potential users or loses existing customers. Personally, it
> disgusts me.

I'd like to double this: It'd be exactly the same (or one of two)
response(s) that one would get from the OpenBSD guys, at least the less
social ones that don't have a clue to control themselves. The other one
would be 'Shut the f*** up and code!'.

After a really long odyssey I ended up (almost) where I started: Using
NetBSD and CentOS (at least, what's OSS).

Best,

Timo