[CentOS] *SOLVED* How to install LedgerSMB on Centos 5

Sun Aug 9 06:04:07 UTC 2009
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net>

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 21:53:21 -0500
Johnny Hughes wrote:

> maybe replace "WORKING_DIR" with ledgersmb (and awap the order of the 2)

Much thanks for the steer!  I now have  LedgerSMB up and running.  (Haven't a
clue what to do with it yet, but it's running and I can log into it.)

For anyone else who wants to install LedgerSMB on Centos, this is what I did to
make it go.

I downloaded ledgersmb-1.2.17-1.noarch.rpm from sourceforge, and installed the
following dependencies:

postgresql-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1.i386
perl-version-0.7203-1.el5.i386
perl-Class-Std-0.0.8-1.el5.rf.noarch
perl-Config-Std-0.0.4-1.el5.rf.noarch
perl-Smart-Comments-1.0.3-1.el5.rf.noarch
perl-TimeDate-1.16-5.el5.noarch
perl-MailTools-1.77-1.el5.centos.noarch
perl-Locale-Maketext-Lexicon-0.62-1.el5.noarch
perl-DBI-1.52-2.el5.i386
perl-DBD-Pg-1.49-2.el5_3.1.i386
perl-MIME-Lite-3.01-5.el5.noarch
postgresql-server-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1.i386
perl-BSD-Resource-1.28-1.fc6.1.i386
mod_perl-2.0.4-6.el5.i386

I then edited /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf and changed the Alias line to
read like this:

Alias /ledgersmb /usr/share/ledgersmb

I then changed all instances of WORKING_DIR in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ledgersmb.conf
to "ledgersmb" (without the quotes).

I then edited /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf in two places.  I changed the line that
says "AddHandler cgi-script .cgi" to read "AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl".

I also changed the section that read:

<Directory />
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None
</Directory>

so it now reads:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

There is a short set of instructions that can be read with this command:

rpm -qi ledgersmb

After following those instructions, I can now log into ledgersmb.