[CentOS] CentOS as a router

Mon Aug 10 15:04:50 UTC 2009
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Fri, August 7, 2009 12:07, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I am setting up a small CentOS-5.3 host to act as a router.  I have
> the device configured and working.  What I am trying to accomplish
> now is configuring the firewall so as to protect both the router and
> the LAN.

Thank you for the replies.  I have been reading about iptables all
weekend and have clarified a number of misconceptions that I had.

I have a few specific questions wrt rp_filter.  Is this set anywhere
in the startup scripts that ship with CentOS?  If so then where? How
would one best configure this setting or should it be left off, as I
believe that it is by default?  Does it make any sense to enable
this on the eth0 i/f given that eth0 is the WAN i/f?

Sincerely,

Canada  L8E 3C3