[CentOS] Building tomcat6, SRPM jakarta-commons-dbcp-1.2.1-7jpp.ep1.2.ep5.el5.src.rpm fails to build

Mon Aug 10 17:56:15 UTC 2009
RedShift <redshift at pandora.be>

Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:25, RedShift<redshift at pandora.be> wrote:
>> I have found a few references on the errors with some conclusive information on the tomcat mailinglist [4], stating that dbcp won't build with a java 6 compiler.
>>
>> So at this point my mind is blank, "now what?".
>
> Well, you can try to install JDK 1.5.0 from Sun and see if it builds then.
>
> For instructions:
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaOnCentOS#head-3f98853bcb757ab29ddf3aa8e2b5c939f59445d6
>
> I would also recommend that you use the JPackage (www.jpackage.org)
> repositories for Java software, they package Java software in RPMs for
> and IMO it works very well.
>
> HTH,
> Filipe

Hello

I've installed the JDK 1.5 and used alternatives --config java to use the 1.5 JDK from Sun. However, the same compilation error still occurs. How do I tell rpmbuild or the .spec to use the Sun JDK?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Glenn Matthys