[CentOS] Centos 5.3 live-cd install -

Mon Aug 10 18:55:41 UTC 2009
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > You can do a netinstall via the LiveCD too.  This is identical to doing
> > the install via the netinstall CD.
>
> Which again means lots of new downloads for him while installing
> over the 'net.  I feel for the guy, having been on slow dialup with
> lots of noise on the long rural phone lines for years...

Actually he is in *worse* shape: he is on satelite internet.  With the
Fair Use Limit, the first 450-500 meg will download quickly enough, then
things will be *worse* than dial-up.  He would have to halt the install
and wait 24 hours and then resume it for the next 450-500 meg...  Unless
he does a super minimual install and then does a series of 'yum install
..', each under 500 meg each day until done.  Could take all of a week
that way, or about how long it would take for CheapBytes to mail out a
CentOS 5.3 DVD or CD set...

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933