[CentOS] Centos 5.3 live-cd install -

Mon Aug 10 19:26:28 UTC 2009
Ron Blizzard <rb4centos at gmail.com>

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Bob Goodwin<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

> Ok, I may have botched that one. I have been routinely using the fedora
> Live-cd's to install from. Wildblue is a satellite  system and I only
> get 17 gig's/30 days and I spread that among four other members of the
> household.
>
> I will have to look further, there were some options on the opening
> screen that I ignored. Else my NFS server will just have to live with
> Fedora and it's turnover.
>
> And yes I have bought a number of CD's but downloading stuff gets it
> right now when I need it.
>
> Thanks for the response.

If you've got limited access, the best way to install CentOS is
probably to download the very small Netinstall ISO -- then do a
network install. That way you save having to download all the updates
right after installing.

Meanwhile, if you want, email me offline and I'll burn and send you a
CentOS DVD.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3