[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Tue Aug 11 00:34:08 UTC 2009
Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com>

On Monday 10 August 2009 22:12:41 Ron Blizzard wrote:
> Again, what does
> community input have to do with the mechanical process of turning
> "upstream" code into a 100% binary compatible distribution?

Nothing, of course. :-) There seem to be only two things such "input" would
provide:

(1) the *illusion* that the community is "in control" of the project, while
having no technical skill to really enforce this control, and
(2) the big *overhead* in the development process which could potentially make
it more complicated.

I completely understand why the core devs refuse this "community input". If
members of the community want to do something useful, they should simply
follow the seven-point outline given in

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-August/080334.html

Best, :-)
Marko