[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Wed Aug 12 02:41:24 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> I didn't 'get' the security implications of the rebuild stuff til it was explained to me the other day.
>
> Share the knowledge:) Aside from the delay involved while the devs build rpm's
> from the srpm's, is there more to it?

It's been covered already.  When RH does a point release, CentOS has to match
the full rebuild before any more security updates go out for some unavoidable
technical reasons.  RH 4.8
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv4-announce/2009-May/msg00000.html
still isn't matched in CentOS, so no security updates in the 4.x line since May.
  But, if you want to be up to date you probably shouldn't be running a 4.x
release anyway - so other than stating the facts I wouldn't want to beat anyone
up over this particular issue.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com