[CentOS] OT: Firefox SSL error on Linux, Firefox OK on Windows - same web site

Wed Aug 12 17:03:57 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Filipe
Brandenburger<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It looks like you are getting to an OpenDNS server instead of a
>>> LinkSynergy server...
>>
>> [lanny at dell2400 ~]$ nslookup
>> https://cli.linksynergy.com/cli/publisher/reports/advancedReports.php?reportType=4&dateRange=range&dateRangeData=4
>
> Please try "nslookup analytics.linksynergy.com" instead, since that is
> the domain that appears in your error message.

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$ nslookup analytics.linksynergy.com
Server:         192.168.10.1
Address:        192.168.10.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   analytics.linksynergy.com
Address: 64.29.178.147
Name:   analytics.linksynergy.com
Address: 63.123.248.38

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$

> This is what I got here:
>
> $ nslookup analytics.linksynergy.com
> Server:         aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> Address:        aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd#53
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:   analytics.linksynergy.com
> Address: 63.123.248.38
> Name:   analytics.linksynergy.com
> Address: 64.29.178.147
>
> Actually, just after doing that "nslookup" above I repeated it, and
> now I get an error response:
>
> $ nslookup analytics.linksynergy.com
> Server:         aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
> Address:        aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd#53
>
> ** server can't find analytics.linksynergy.com: NXDOMAIN
>
> Looks like there is something wrong with their DNS...

I didn't realize before that Rick (a2z2) had written to me off list.
That is what he thought.

Thanks to everyone!   I will contact LinkShare again and ask them to
fix their DNS!