[CentOS] SOLVED: Re: OT: Firefox SSL error on Linux, Firefox OK on Windows - same web site

Wed Aug 12 17:38:07 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

> Using CentOS 5.3 (32 bit) on my Desktop with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.12.
> With one web site (LinkShare) I am getting an SSL error, after
> clicking to get a more advanced report  I do not get that error, using
> Mozilla Firefox 3.0.13 on M$ Windows and I get the report OK on
> Windows. It appears, when using Firefox on Linux, that it is not
> ending up on the LinkShare web site and Firefox is giving me the below
> error. I use OpenDNS.com for DNS service.
>
> Secure Connection Failed
>
> analytics.linksynergy.com uses an invalid security certificate.

Thank you Johnny, Filipe and Rick (Rick wrote me off list)! The
problem is not on my end.   :-)   The problem is with the DNS settings
of LinkShare.  I wrote to them, again, this time with information
Filipe and Rick provided to me and I'm sure after they change their
DNS settings, this problem will go away.     :-)