[CentOS] disable virtual terminals during kickstart installation

Wed Aug 12 23:15:26 UTC 2009
James A. Peltier <jpeltier at fas.sfu.ca>

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, nate wrote:

> James A. Peltier wrote:
>
>> window during installation?  It poses a security risk for unattended
>> installs.
>
> Unattended? use serial console
>
> Even if you don't have one, doesn't matter since it's unattended!
>
> nate

noshell was just what I needed.  The kickstarts are configured to allow
any system admin to start a kickstart and then walk away.  20 minutes
later this is a fully patched fully configured installation of the
operating system for them to work with.  It is useful to have access to
the other virtual terminals to see error messages if something fails.  If
we switched to using serial we'd have to connect to each individual
machines serial port to see these errors.

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
           http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com