[CentOS] logwatch not mailing

Thu Aug 20 21:23:22 UTC 2009
Garry.Dale <garry.dale at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Ray Leventhal<centos at swhi.net> wrote:

> I noticed a few days ago that I'm not getting my logwatch emails to the
> root account any longer, and while I've definitely been applying updates
> from base, no other changes have happened on this box.
>
> Where should I start looking to figure out why logwatch seems not to be
> doing its thing?

Are any emails going out?  Perhaps sendmail died? If it were me, I
would start by checking the mail queue (# mailq), the mail log
(/var/adm/maillog), and the sendmail mail transport agent (# service
sendmail status). I use a default setup which requires sendmail to be
running for delivery of mail to root at locahost.

gd