[CentOS] p800 and HP

Fri Aug 21 02:33:50 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Mag Gam wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here has experience with HP MSA60 with P400
> and P800 controller.  How reliable are they for a 24x7 shop?

well, its not 5-nines stuff, there's all kinda single points of
failure.  you want 0.99999 kinda reliability, you need a fully redundant
system with multipath, at every stage, like a fiberchannel SAN with dual
HBA's on each system, dual switches, dual controllers on each storage
array, etc, all components hotswappable, etc.  of course, this all comes
at siginficant expense, both in complexity and cost.