[CentOS] domainkeys, dkim, bind

Sun Aug 23 20:40:01 UTC 2009
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

Dave wrote on Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:21:23 -0400:

> Do i have to have a patched version of bind or compile it with an
> option to turn on dkim?

I'm not very familiar with domain keys. But for TXT records you don't need
anything special. If domain keys uses only TXT records then the same
applies.

Kai
----------------------------------

Dave,

My perception is the same as Kai's.  I have not used dkim yet, but have
it on my to do list.  The text record of your domain stored in your zone
file in bind is referenced when any query accesses the information about
your domain.  ie the command :

host -t TXT domain.com

will display the text record in bind if you have one.

Kai pointed out in his earlier note I did not give you the syntax for
DKIM.... sorry I did do that.  The example of a text record I gave you
gives you the information as to how to specify that all of your e-mail
comes from a certain ip address.  I have not made one for DKIM yet.

Remember that you have to set up the text record not only in your
internal name server, but also the name servers of whoever holds your
internet name resolution.

Let us know how DKIM works for you.

Greg