[CentOS] Samba "use sendfile" configuration option set do disabled as default - why?

Mon Aug 24 11:24:17 UTC 2009
Per Qvindesland <per at norhex.com>

Hi
Have you tried this one  socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536

Also look at the log level reduce it to level to or lower.

Per

--- Original message follows ---
SUBJECT: [CentOS] Samba "use sendfile" configuration option set do
disabled as default - why?
FROM:  happymaster23
TO: "CentOS mailing list"
DATE: 24-08-2009 12:47

Hello,

I had problems with speed of Samba, so I was looking for some
solution
and I had discovered "use sendfile" configuration option. I was
checking all Samba release notes and I had discovered, that from some
version (older than is in CentOS repo) this option was turned on as
default. So my question is, why in CentOS 5.3 is that option in
default set to off?

Thank you for responses
Martin Šťastný