[CentOS] logwatch not mailing [SOLVED]

Mon Aug 24 21:19:31 UTC 2009
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

> Subject: Re: [CentOS] logwatch not mailing [SOLVED]

> > As expected, /etc/cron.daily has the following entry:
> > lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   39 Jul 30  2008 0logwatch ->
> > /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/logwatch.pl
> >
> > Where should I start looking to figure out why logwatch
> seems not to
> > be doing its thing?

> Thanks again to all who replied.  The situation seems to have
> remedied itself with a log rotation (scheduled).  Once the
> offending stuff was no longer part of the body of the
> logwatch emails, Mailscanner/clamd had nothing to complain
> about and this morning I find the weekend's logwatch emails
> nestled comfortably in root's inbox.
>
> Next step for me is finding where to allow logwatch emails
> regardless of their contents.
>
> Again, thanks to all,
> -Ray

I posted earlier and I will repeat it again. I had the same issue as soon as
I had set up spamassassin correctly as well as my other mail stuff. I use
procmail and adding the email address to the whitelist is the way to go.
You can set the email in the logwatch files for where it goes and where it
comes from.
Mine came from 'logwatch at mail.myserver.com' and I just white listed that.

It was the only way I could get it to work.