[CentOS] Samba "use sendfile" configuration option set do disabled as default - why?

Mon Aug 24 22:58:56 UTC 2009
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 19:01 +0200, happymaster23 wrote:
> This is not problem of disks, this is problem of Samba (operating
> systems in network are Windows XP and Windows 7 only, so this should
> not be problem caused by Windows).
>
> I am asking because of risks and disadvantages. This is same as
> oplocks - it may be performance tweak, but it is potentially dangerous
> (data corruption).

-----
If you are using XP and Vista you should not need it. I did not say it
was a disk problem either. Please bottom post all replies. All it really
does is keep an in memory copy. If the server is heavily loaded you can
start swapping witch will farther reduce performance. Also like the man
page says read raw = yes can be set also with out sendfile. Problem, you
really dont say what the exact problem is...Slow?

John