[CentOS] How to install kvm?

Tue Aug 25 09:09:11 UTC 2009
Andre Vehreschild <andre.vehreschild at peakwork.de>

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu schrieb:
> Hello All,
>
> I want to install kvm in CentOS 5.3.  The instructions on the wiki are
> fine and dandy, but the kmod-kvm package is for an older kernel.  The
> box I want to install it on is up-to-date with the latest kernel
> packages.
>
> How do I install kvm on a fully updated CentOS 5.3 box?  Is installing
> the older kernel my only option?
>
> BTW, I'd post this on the virt-list, but I have a hard time getting
> answers on that list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ranbir

Hi Kanwar,

give the packagers a little time. The new kernel was published this
night and the dependencies are not yet meet completely. The alternative
would be to get the archive from http://www.linux-kvm.org/ yourself and
build it. I did it several times, it is not that hard and you get the
most recent version.

Greetings,
    Andre

--