[CentOS] System freezes completely under kernel 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5

Tue Aug 25 12:42:30 UTC 2009

On 08/25/2009 01:38 PM, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> I have not change my hardware, have not change configuration and till
> this new kernel the system was running without any problems. The
> harddisks are younger than a year.
>
> Is someone else this seeing?

not me, I've got the new kernel on about 6 machines, and my laptop with
no problems. What is the prev kernel you were running ? There were some
major changes in the early 5.3 days thats caued some issues on some AMD
based cpu's - however, nothing of this nature. Most of the issues I've
seen and know that exist revolve around the acpi changes and xen.