[CentOS] anaconda and x86_64

Tue Aug 25 15:56:42 UTC 2009
lhecking at users.sourceforge.net <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net>

Joseph L. Casale writes:
> > You are right. I got a response from David Cantrell and he pointed out
> > how I was going about this completely the wrong way. Will hopefully get
> > this working tomorrow.
>
> Please post your procedure, I have been following this thread with interest!

 In brief:

 The bug I referenced is in the loader. It is built as part of anaconda, but
 the copy of it that runs at install time is in initrd.img. So, the procedure
 is to grab the latest anaconda srpm and the patch from bugzilla, build the
 rpms, extract the loader from anaconda-runtime, and replace the one in
 initrd.img. The latter can be done with the upd-initrd script from the
 anaconda srpm. You need to make sure that all the bits and pieces are
 built for the same arch.

 My error was that I assumed this bug was in the stage2 image because that's
 where I found anaconda.

 I was able to build the anaconda.i386, but not x86_64, which I needed.
 That's where mock came in handy, I used it with the srpm generated by
 the i386 build to create the x86_64 rpms.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.