[CentOS] ath9k in CentOS 5

Wed Aug 26 04:01:27 UTC 2009
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM, James Szinger<jszinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about updating the wireless card on a CentOS 5.3 box.
>
> The Wiki at http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless says that
> the "ath9k driver ships with CentOS", but I can't find it.  I've tried
> modinfo, locate, yum search, and yum provides, but they all come up
> empty.  Am I missing something, or is the Wiki need correcting?  I've
> also searched the CentOS forums and others share my confusion.

I'm afraid the ath9k part of the wiki page is in error.  The current
CentOS kernel does not have this driver.  You need a newer kernel as
seen in this forum post:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=20243&forum=40&post_id=76687

A solution at this moment is to use ndiswrapper and detailed
instructions were posted in the same thread:

https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20243&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20

Akemi