[CentOS] saslauthd

Thu Aug 27 05:55:20 UTC 2009
Michael Kress <kress at hal.saar.de>

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> First you will have to configure Postfix through main.cf:

> Next you have to make the link between Postfix and Cyrus-SASL in
> /usr/lib{64}/sasl2/smtpd.conf:

> You are done.

Yes I am! :-)
In fact, I DID all the above (with more or less variants), but I was
wondering why the command testsaslauthd wouldn't allow me to test
authentication. Now I don't care anymore - what I need it for is: "postfix
with SASL AUTH agains smtp clients" and for THAT I only need a properly
filled and protected (postfix will have to be able to read the file)
/etc/sasldb2 file.
I was also wondering because on the machine that I'm migrating away from
the testsaslauthd command worked. Same config and both using the same
centos release. Ok - nevermind, the authentication works, a nice thing to
start a thursday with.

Thanks @Alexander, Kai and Nataraj and all others who cared!
Kind regards
Michael