[CentOS] Strange connectivity problem from linux.

Thu Aug 27 18:37:41 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Tharun Kumar Allu<tharun.allu at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> When I telnet to
> $ telnet adp.eease.com 443
>
> it works fine some times and every 5-10 tries or so it says connection
> refused. And this does not happen from my windows box.
>
> Can anyone from this list try this on their linux installation and see
> if they get the same behaviour?

[lanny at dell2400 ~]$ telnet adp.eease.com 443
Trying 209.168.243.5...
telnet: connect to address 209.168.243.5: Connection refused
[lanny at dell2400 ~]$

BTW:  I have telnet and anonymous FTP disabled on my web sites.
Suggest the person in charge of that box switch to SSH.