[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Mon Aug 31 02:33:33 UTC 2009
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

>>> How would one setup RAID 1+0 (i.e. 2x mirror'ed RAID1's and then a
>>> RAID 0 on top of it) on say CentOS 4.6 ?
>>>
>> Setup both RAID-1 arrays then stripe them with LVM?
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/magazine/009jul05/features/lvm2/
>>
>> Though I'd prefer to opt for a hardware raid card, I think
>> you said you had SATA disks, which if that's the case would
>> go for a 3ware.
>>
>> nate

> Nate, this is what I was looking for  :)
>
> I'm going away for 2 weeks now, but will definitely give it a shot as
> soon as I can,

I would NOT do that. You should like the md layer handle all things raid
and let lvm do just volume management.

To create a raid1+0 array, you first create the mirrors and then you
create a striped array that consists of the mirror devices. There is
another raid10 module that does its own thing with regards to 'raid10',
is not supported by the installer and does not necessarily behave like
raid1+0.